Vital Oxide® Mold and Mildew

Mold and Mildew can be found almost anywhere; they grow on virtually any substance when moisture is present, and can be a risk to our health and wellbeing, triggering asthma attacks and other allergic reactions as well as off gassing harmful VOC’s into our environment. Vital Oxide has shown long-term effectiveness on mold and mold spores for up to 7 months of protection with a single treatment. Vital Oxide can effectively be used in all areas of homes and building from the bathroom, concrete walkways and building exteriors, yet is gentle enough to be used on personal items like clothing and washing machines. Used and recommend by mold remediation professionals, Vital Oxide has been the principle product in university and government sponsored tests showing effectiveness.

 

FUNGICIDE:

To Kill Fungus on hard, non-porous surfaces: Remove as much surface dirt, mold, or mildew as possible by cleaning. [apply] [spray] [mist] product to the surface until thoroughly wet for 10 minutes. Re-apply when cleaning or when new growth appears. For effective control of the fungus Trichophyton mentagrophytes, the surface must be completely wet with product for 10 minutes.

Attacks mildew at its roots
Gets into and eliminates mildew even in hard to clean places
Kills mold and mildew at its roots
Kills mold and mildew in hard to clean areas such as caulking, corners, crevices, cracks
Penetrates kill and destroy tough mold, mildew and bacteria at its source Penetrates to kill mildew in hard to clean places
All in one cleaner, disinfectant, mold remover, killer
Kills 99.9% of mold & mildew and inhibits growth as long as 4 weeks

MILDEWSTAT:

To Inhibit Mold or Mildew on Floors, Walls, Ceilings & Fabric:
Remove as much surface dirt, mold, or mildew as possible by cleaning. Then spray on product [from a distance of 12 inches] until visibly wet and let air dry, the surface must be completely wet with product for 10 minutes.

MOLD & MILDEW REMOVER INHIBITS MOLD & MILDEW ON HARD SURFACES & FABRIC
Inhibits and controls mold and/or mildew Controls mold growth on hard and soft surfaces. Inhibits growth of mold and mildew on surfaces Kills Mold and Mildew on Hard surfaces Inhibits mold and musty odor caused by mold and mildew All in one cleaner, disinfectant, mold growth inhibitor Keeps mold & mildew from growing for up to 4 weeks

REMEDIAL TREATMENT TO REMEDIATE / INHIBIT MOLD: DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Product can be used as part of a comprehensive mold remediation or water damage restoration program, including: For use on hard, non-porous surfaces, Surfaces treated must be completely wet with product for 10 minutes

Monitoring for conditions favorable to mold growth such as water leaks and high relative humidity. Eliminating conditions favorable to mold growth Drying affected areas to below 20% moisture content. Product must come in direct contact with mold to be effective. When water damage is suspected, first eliminate the water source. Next, remove excess water and dry surfaces thoroughly. Product can be used on materials removed for disposal. If excess water is removed within 24 hours and surface is thoroughly dried, spraying affected surfaces with Product will inhibit growth. Building materials exposed to water in excess of 24 hours may have extensive microbial growth that is not visible. Prepare a complete assessment and remediation plan to incorporate Product use.

Recommended Mold and Mildew Remediation Websites IAQA —Indoor Air Quality Association (www.iaqa.org) EPA – Environmental Protection Agency (www.epa.gov) New York City "Guidelines on Assessment and Remediation of Fungi in Indoor Environments" (www.nyc.gov) IICRC - Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (www.iicrc.org) [Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration" (IICRC S500) published by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (www.iicrc.org)]

  1. Remove heavy soil. Clean surface soil from contaminated area with Product. Use a cleaning tool (cloth, cleaning pad) suitable for the surface being cleaned. Remove as much dirt and mold as possible and ensure surface is thoroughly dried. In some cases, staining may be irreversible. Do not expect Product to whiten stains.]
  2. Refer to the Preventative Treatment section for application.
  3. To promote drying and to avoid residue marks, use a clean cloth or paper towel to wipe off excess wetness.
  4. Allow treated surfaces to dry completely.

Remove heavy soil prior to application. Mold stains may remain visible following treatment. If so, reapply product and wipe or scrub area. In some cases, staining may be irreversible. Do not expect Product to whiten stains. If, following treatment, additional steps are taken to remove the stain, reapply Product as a final step to protect area from regrowth.

Large Areas - Total Surface Area Affected Greater Than 30 Square Feet
Areas larger than 30 square feet require special procedures and individuals trained in remediation. Refer to the recommended websites for guidelines on remediation. Before using Product to mitigate large areas, you should understand one or more of these guidelines. Follow these guidelines to apply Product. When water damage is suspected, first find the source of water and eliminate it. Next, remove excess water and thoroughly dry surfaces. See IICRCS500 (Recommended Websites) for guidance on water removal. If excess water is removed within 24 hours and surface thoroughly dried, spraying affected surfaces with Product will inhibit growth. Building materials exposed to water in excess of 24 hours may have extensive microbial growth that is not visible. Prepare a complete assessment and remediation plan to incorporate Product use, provide for user and occupant safety and to document and monitor the remediation process. Product can be used on materials removed for disposal and in other applications where antimicrobial use is indicated.

REAPPLICATION:
Reapply weekly or when growth or odor reappears. Determine and correct the cause of re-growth and ensure the surface has been thoroughly dried before reapplication. Reapply Product if surfaces are washed or painted. Reapply weekly on hard surfaces and monthly on fabrics, or whenever new growth appears.

PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT SUGGESTIONS FOR APPLICATORS
For areas less than 30 sq. feet, an N-95 respirator, gloves and goggles/eye protection are recommended to avoid mold or mold spore exposure. For areas greater than 30 sq. feet, use an N-95 respirator or half- face respirator with HEPA filter, disposable overalls, gloves and goggles/eye protection.